Happy New Year! With commercials for the new 2018 vehicles flooding your TV screen, you may be asking yourself, “Is really cheaper to keep the car I have, or should I go for it?” At I-70 Auto Service in Kansas City, MO, we think it’s a question worth considering. One thing we know for certain is that regular preventative maintenance can extend the longevity of your current vehicle. If you own your vehicle outright, here are some items you might want to take into consideration:
- Car Payments:
- Your car payment now = $0
- The average monthly car payment in 2018 = $500
- Insurance Payments: Newer cars with higher price tags generally come with higher insurance rates regardless of your driving record. Safety and security features add discounts to your rates, but newer vehicles cost more to repair or replace so it’s really a wash.
- Registration and Taxes are higher on newer vehicles.
- Sales Tax can be a hefty amount, depending on the tax rates in your local area.
- Loan Interest is something to consider when purchasing a new car. Even when you get a good rate, you are still paying additional monies for that new or used vehicle.
- Depreciation is the amount of value your vehicle drops when you drive a brand new car off the dealership lot.
- Extended Warranty costs are another factor that can hit you in the wallet.
The only real downside to owning an older vehicle is, it’s older and doesn’t have as many bells and whistles as the newer models. Still, a new vehicle could cost you at least $700 a month including insurance. What do you pay now?
At I-70 Auto Service we can help you avoid expensive repairs on your current vehicle through regular maintenance. Think about it. When you exercise and get regular check-ups, your body is stronger, in better shape and will last longer. The same is true of your car. So, stop by I-70 Auto Service and together we’ll create a regular preventative maintenance plan the suits you and your lifestyle. You’ll find I-70 Auto Service at 3111 Stadium Drive in Kansas City, MO 64128.
Here’s a quick video to help you get to know us better: https://youtu.be/TeNNHPD7mtc