Apprentice - Automotive Technician
- 3111 N Stadium Dr. Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
I-70 Auto Service, is a very busy, established, family-owned, AAA, NAPA AutoCare Center and ASE Blue Seal Shop in Kansas City, MO. In 1976, I-70 Auto Service, a family owned business, began as a gas and service station with three repair bays. In 1993 we grew and added to our existing building which more than doubled our size. In 1999 we decided to focus on automotive repair and removed our fuel tanks. Today, we specialize in computer diagnostics and stay up-to-date with training and the latest in equipment to service today's vehicles.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Structured mentorship and learning program
- Manufacturer and ASE certification training
- Tuition reimbursement incentive
- Access to tools while employed
- Technician Uniform
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Family Atmosphere
As an Automotive Technician Apprentice, you will work alongside an assigned skilled technician and learn to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs. You will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing automobiles while in training to become ASE certified in a minimum of two years with a preference for brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling, or electrical.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 / hour – Depending on Experience
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing safety inspections, basic maintenance, and minor repairs as directed
- Conducting oil changes and lubrication work
- Communicating with the service advisor if additional work is needed on a vehicle or if repairs will not be completed in the designated time frame so the customer can be informed
- Inspecting and test-driving new vehicles to ensure all features function properly
The Automotive Service Apprentice must have a high level of motivation and an excellent work ethic.
- Automotive or tech school experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn basic mechanical tasks
- Valid driver’s license
- ASE certification a plus
As part of the NAPA AutoCare Center network, we are committed to the highest quality service and repair. Our desire is to hire the best people in the industry. That’s why we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Do you have what it takes to build your future with the best in the industry?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Videos To Watch
Apprentice Workbook ⤓