Did you know that April is National Car Care Month? This month, we encourage you all to kick-start your car's spring preventative maintenance routine, especially if you slacked off during the winter. A little refresh can make a world of difference and extend the life of your vehicle. If you have plans to drive far and wide these upcoming months, you should consider getting some maintenance beforehand.
The Ultimate Spring Maintenance Checklist
- Replace your oil and filter. An oil change is the most effective way to keep your engine operating smoothly throughout the spring and summer. Always remember to follow your automaker's guidelines for fluid changes.
- Check your fluid levels. When changing the oil and filter, our technicians will gladly check your other fluid levels. These include your brake fluid, coolant, transmission fluid, etc.
- Swap out your wiper blades. If your wiper blades are worn or damaged, they will be ineffective during spring showers.
- Test your charging system. You should make sure that your battery is properly in place and that all its connections are clean, fastened, and free of corrosion.
- Check your lighting. Scan all your automobile's external and interior lighting for any defects. While you're at it, make sure to clean them thoroughly for optimal visibility.
- Lubricate the chassis components. While many modern vehicles are lubed, some still require regular chassis lubrication. Check your vehicle's owner guide book to be sure.
- Inspect the belts and hoses. The cold weather may harden or break down the rubber on your belts and hoses. Therefore, you should have them checked and replaced if necessary.
- Check the condition of your filters. Your vehicle has many filters that are crucial for its performance and efficiency. If your air filters, oil filters, fuel filters, etc., are clogged, please replace them.
You can trust the automotive experts at I-70 Auto Service to assist you with all your spring maintenance items. We invite you to call or visit our auto repair shop soon.