Happy New Year to our I-70 family! We hope that you are keeping yourselves safe and warm and that you had a lovely holiday season! This month, all of us are trying to cut back on expenses, so what better time to address fuel efficiency?!
Did you know that there are lots of things that you, the driver, can do to improve fuel efficiency in your vehicle? Read on to find out…
- Be sure to close your gas cap tightly! It seems like a simple thing but trust us; it makes a big difference. Why? It keeps your gas in your tank, and it prevents it from evaporating!
- Make sure you look after your tires. When your tires are not correctly inflated, it drags the whole car down, which positively can affect fuel economy.
- Lessen the lead-foot! We know, we know...you’re in a hurry. But if you can ease up on the gas pedal, you can get better miles to the gallon!
- Don’t overload your vehicle. Keep inside of it only what you need. Excessive weight loads also drag down your fuel efficiency.
- Change the air filters! It seems strange, but this really can help with your fuel economy.
Bring your car into I-70 today for more tips on how to improve fuel economy, or for any other auto repair needs!