The holidays are a festive and fun time of year. We love how Kansas City celebrates the holidays -- from the Plaza Lights to the Kansas City Chiefs football games -- December is truly exciting. To make your holiday travel experience as stress-free as possible, we’ll help prepare your vehicle for the season.
But regardless of how stress-free your auto repair experience is, holiday driving can still be hectic. For these reasons, I-70 Auto Service offers up some safe driving tips during the holiday season.
First, let’s look at what NOT to do while driving around during the busy holiday season:
- Don’t text and drive.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Don’t drive while under the influence of prescription medications.
We don’t mean to sound preachy, but we want to remind you that we care for our family of customers. These “Don’ts” will help you arrive alive and avoid tragic, heartbreaking accidents.
Next, let’s talk about the “Do’s” while you’re driving both inside and outside of the Kansas City region:
- Do make sure your car is prepared for Winter.
- Do have an emergency kit stashed away in your car, which includes a first aid kit, snow chains, gloves, tire jack, a blanket, water, flares, an umbrella, and a flashlight.
- Do prepare a festive holiday playlist that will keep you entertained while driving.
- Do bring along something to drink, snacks, chewing gum, hand sanitizer, Kleenex, and the necessary plug-in cables for your mobile devices.
- Do check out what the Chiefs are doing in December and plan for your next tailgate party.
- Do bring your vehicle in for an inspection if you hear any strange noises coming from your vehicle.
- Do remember to get regularly-scheduled maintenance service from I-70 Auto Service so your vehicle is ready-to-go anytime you want to take a long road trip.
If you want an auto repair shop that has a rock-solid reputation for honest work, high ethics, and terrific customer service, we invite you to see us at I-70 Auto Service at 3111 Stadium Drive, Kansas City, MO, 64128. Please take advantage of our online specials, which are $25 off repairs for all customers, or for new customers choose the $24.95 special for synthetic blend oil change. Just be sure to mention which special offer you want to use when scheduling your auto service appointment.